Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I Think the World is Glorious

Hello, Spring!!

To me, the arrival of Spring is like arriving at the end of a long, difficult trial. Like most Californians who are spoiled with warm, beautiful weather year-round, I struggle with the concept of winter. I do not like the cold or any thing that comes as a result of coldness. However, it makes me appreciate the warmth that slowly seeps back into the calendar. Days become longer, tan lines appear, and Mother Nature seems to explode, especially out here in Tennessee, the epicenter of trees, flowers, birds, and insects (and allergies)! The advantage I see to long, icy winters is the chance to experience opposition. I realize now that I took for granted the beautiful Southern California climate, now that I am finally experiencing winter.

Can you think of how this relates to the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Rather than answer that myself, I invite you to share your own insights.

This morning as I stood out on the balcony soaking up the sun's warm rays, I thought about how glorious this world is. An ancient prophet named Alma testified, "All things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it, yea, and its motion, yea, and also all the planets which move in their regular form do witness that there is a Supreme Creator." (Alma 30:44)


When you look around you, especially this time of year, how can you deny the existence of Deity? There must be a Power beyond our own that is masterfully composing this symphonic eruption of life and intelligence.

There IS.

His name is Heavenly Father. He loves us, and He wants us to "have joy!" (2 Nephi 2:25)



From the LDS Primary Children's Songbook:
I Think The World is Glorious

1 comment:

  1. Spring reminds me of when you start to follow the gospel. Repentance allows you to feel the warmth of the Spirit. It starts out slow, but with continuing obedience and faithfulness you're able to feel the warmth all the time.

    ReplyDelete