Sunday, June 3, 2012

About This Blog

When I found out that I could create a blog as part of my online proselyting, I hemmed and hawed over it for a few weeks. What could I write about? What would be my theme? How could I possibly think of something deep and inspiring to say every time I posted?

Then I dug a little deeper. Sister Nordström, I asked myself, what ALWAYS inspires you? A warm feeling began to spread inside me, and I smiled and answered without hesitation, "Music."

In the last General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles spoke of those who are "In Tune with the Music of Faith." These saints: 
1. Love the Lord and His Gospel 
2. Continuously try to live and share His message, especially with their families
3. Are in harmony with the promptings of the Spirit
4. Have awakened to the power of God's word 
5. Have religious observance in their homes 
6. Diligently try to live Christlike lives as His disciples

In this blog I want to emphasize these characteristics as I share the songs and music that have inspired me and helped strengthen my testimony.  The things I share are very precious and close to my heart, and I hope that you will also share the music that has inspired you on this page.

One last note before I let you go: before my mission I had horrible stage fright! For years and years, I stressed myself sick if I had to perform in front of people, especially in a solo. However, since I have become a full-time missionary, that fear is gone. Yes, I still get butterflies before I sing, but the "performance" has been removed from the song and replaced with "testimony."  I have a firm testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and being in His Church, and I jump at the opportunity to share it in whatever way I can.

I've heard it said that "music touches feelings where words cannot."  So I now share with you....the music of my faith. :) 

Sister Nordström

No comments:

Post a Comment